- 01-Mar-2017 to 31-Jul-2017 (EST)
- Land Surveying
- LA, USA
- Full Time
SJB Group currently has available positions on staff for Rodmen. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist the Survey Party Chief and Instrument Man in the collection of survey data and the maintenance of the survey instrumentation and vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Insures the safety of all crew members, clients, and the public
- Carries survey supplies during the collection of necessary survey data
- Works closely with Instrument man to execute the survey data
- Holds the prism pole for measurements
- Receives assignments from Party Chief
- Insures that all equipment needed is loaded and ready to use
- Insures that all equipment is properly maintained
- Maintains adequate supplies in the truck
- Keeps truck and equipment clean and organized
- Clears land or line for data collection
- May drive to and from jobsites thereby freeing party chief to study job packets
- Communicates any equipment and supply issues to the Party Chief and the office
- Directs all questions from the public to the Party Chief
- Maintains professional image and client anonymity
- May travel out of town
- Performs other duties as assigned.
One to two years of experience in land surveying preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, written and verbal correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must have the ability to walk 2-10 miles per day while carrying supplies and equipment. Ability to clear a line with a machete, brush-ax, or chain saw.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. It will require to work in extreme heat, cold, humid, and rainy weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.